I) Board Members
RC08 committee officials:
- Dr. Zdenka Mansfeldova, Chair Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Irina Khmelko, Vice-chair University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, USA
- Dr. Michael Edinger , Secretary – Program chair University of Jena, Germany
- Adjunct Prof. Ken Coghill, Department of Management and Marketing, Swinburne University, Australia
- Prof. Dr. Omer Faruk Genckaya, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Prof. Frederick (Rick) Stapenhurst, Treasurer, McGill University, Montréal, and Laval University, Québec, Canada
- Prof. Werner Patzelt, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
- Dr. Petra Guasti, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany and Institute of Sociology at the Czech Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Julia Schwanholz, Institut für Politikwissenschaft , Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Dr. Osnat Akirav, Western Galilee College, Israel
- Dr. Sven T. Siefken, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Halle (Saale), Germany
- Professor Da-Chi LIAO, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Adjunct Professor Colleen Lewis, National Centre for Australian Studies, Faculty of Arts, Monash University Australia
...the abbreviation of Research Committee of Legislative Specialists (RCLS). This committee is one of 52 research committees among the International Political Science Association (IPSA). It was established in 1972. According to the IPSA statutes, the objectives of Research Committees are as follows:
- Develop research in political science, especially work based on international co-operation;
- Organize and maintain personal contacts among political scientists with common interests;
- Disseminate information and publish scholarly research;
- Provide a framework between individuals and organizations concerned with teaching and research in political and other social sciences.
RCLS promotes the study of the comparative forms and effects of legislative institutions, processes and politics; and of national, cross-national, and sub-national aspects of legislatures.
Typically, RCLS organizes two conferences every year that are usually dedicated to a certain research topic. Frequently, these conferences lead to a volume on questions around parliamentary research. Here is a list of past puplications that resulted from RCLS conferences.
- Omer Faruk Genckaya, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Ken Coghill, Department of Management, Monash Business School, Monash University, Australia
- Werner Patzelt, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
- Michael Edinger, University of Jena, Germany
- Irmina Matonyte, ISM University of Management and Economics, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Irina Khmelko, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, USA
- Petra Guasti, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany and Institute of Sociology at the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
Here is a list of all RCLS members: member list by 2010.
RCLS has a Mailing List on which are 298 members. If you wish to be added to the list, please mail our webmaster, Erik Fritzsche, Dresden University of Technology (Technische Universitaet Dresden). - The RCLS has a membership fee of 25 USD per two years.
Published on Sunday, June 14 2009 by Erik Fritzsche, M.A.